‘I’, ‘me’, ‘my’, ‘you’, ‘yours’, ‘yourself’ ‘driver’ and ‘hirer’ refers jointly and severally to the person or persons who are the customers.
‘Customer’ means the person or persons nominated as the hirer under the heading ‘Hirers Name / Contact’ on the Rental Agreement, any person whose credit or debit card is presented in payment of the Customer’s charges, or any person who deems themselves to be the legal entity and ultimately responsible for the campervan. Should the legal entity be different from the driver, their full name, address, and contact phone numbers must be supplied.
‘Samco Campers’ means Samco Campers, trading name of LRS Trading Ltd registered business address: 47 Bury New Road, Prestwich, Manchester, M25 9JY
‘This Agreement’ means the Rental Agreement, the Insurance Motor Rental Agreement and these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions and any other Samco Campers literature, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions apply
‘Booking’ the confirmed reservation of a campervan hire and includes the payment of the booking deposit and / or full balance for the rental.
‘Booking Deposit’ means the monetary amount required to confirm the campervan booking.
Means the hire period as stated on the Rental Agreement or any agreed variation thereof and any additional period during which the Vehicle is in the Customer’s possession or control.
‘Vehicle’ and ‘Campervan’
Means the Vehicle as stated on the Rental Agreement and includes tyres, tools, accessories, the living equipment and any other special equipment, documents related to the Vehicle and any replacement or substitute Vehicle which may be provided at the discretion of Samco Campers.
Means the document read and signed by the hirer on collection and return of the vehicle. It includes details of the ‘Customer’, ‘Vehicle Details’, ‘Rental Period’, ‘Collision Damage Waiver’ and ‘Departure Checklist’
Means the amount held as security by Samco Campers in relation to this hire.
Is deemed as any damage sustained to any part of the Vehicle, its equipment and or any third-party property which occurs above 6 feet (1.83 metres) in height measured from the ground upwards.
1) SAMCO CAMPERS DEPOT
1A) COLLECTION POINT LOCATION
- Manchester: Imperial House, Barcroft Street, Bury, BL9 5BN
1B) CONTACT HOURS
- Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 17:30pm
- Weekends: 9:00am – 17:00pm
2) INCLUDED WITHIN QUOTED HIRE RATES
– Unlimited miles
– UK Fully Comprehensive Vehicle insurance*
– UK Standard equipment & breakdown assistance**
*Insurance loading. In some cases, Samco Campers will incur additional charges if the driver to be insured has a traffic conviction, more than 1 insurance claim or is in an occupation which is deemed high risk. These charges will be passed onto the Customer.
**Samco Campers will supply full breakdown cover to cover any mechanical faults to the base chassis of the Campervan. Any call out charges necessitated by the client through operator error, e.g. a flat vehicle battery, wrong or insufficient fuel, keys locked in a campervan etc, will be the responsibility of the client.
3) MINIMUM HIRE
- The minimum hire ranges from 3 to 4 nights depending on the season. Samco Campers reserves the right to increase the minimum hire period for certain events.
- Standard insurance covers drivers aged 25-72
- Insurance for drivers under 25’s and over 72’s is by special request and agreement only with Samco Campers and their insurer
4B) DRIVING LICENCE & IDENTIFICATION
- Driver(s) must hold a valid full driving licence for at least 2 years
- Maximum of 3 drivers per rental
- Drivers only holding an automatic only driving licence are permitted to drive all our Volkswagen California range
- All drivers must be present for the collection of their campervan. No exceptions can be made
- All drivers must have held a valid licence for more than 2 years that entitles them to drive a UK Category B vehicle up to 3500kg MAM
- The hirer and any driver must be able to supply two proofs of address dated within 90 days of the hire start date. One proof must be a utility bill or statement, the other proof must be either a bank/credit card statement or TV / phone bills. Unacceptable proofs may prevent hire.
- Your driving licence address must be your current home address and match the two proofs of address provided.
- Production of a full, valid driver’s licence is required from all drivers at the start of the hire. International customers will need to show a valid passport.
- All drivers will be required to provide a DVLA driving summary from the DVLA website no more than 21 days prior to collecting a vehicle. Your driving licence photocard and NI (National insurance number) are required to do this. We are unable to insure you if you have failed to provide this
- If you have a Northern Ireland driving licence, we require both the photocard and the paper counterpart. Your licence address must be your current home address, if not, then you will need to update your details with the DVLA online.
- All drivers whose licences are issued outside of the EU are required to supply a valid IDP (international driving permit) alongside your standard licence at the start of hire. This must be issued in the country your standard licence was issued and confirm you are able to drive a UK category B vehicle up to 3500kg MAM.
- Should any driver fail to present all correct documentation and identification on collection of the campervan, or does not meet the driver requirements stated in the terms and conditions, then Samco Campers will be unable to release the campervan and no refunds will be given.
- Endorsements on licences: you must declare at the time of booking if there are any endorsements on your licence. Samco Campers can accept up to 6 speeding points that occurred within the last 3 years (charges may apply). For more than 6 points for any conviction other than for speeding, including the following codes: AC, BA, CD, DD, DR, IN, LC, MS, UT, MR AND TT or for any driver disqualification within the last 5 years, Samco Campers may not be able to get cover for. Failure to declare an accident or driving conviction invalidates insurance.
- Insurance claims: you must declare at the time of booking if you have made or had a vehicle insurance claim made against you within the last 3 years. Samco Campers may not be able to get cover should you have had 2 or more claims within the last 3 years.
- Driver Occupations: you must declare your occupation on the insurance form. Samco Campers may not be able to offer cover for the following occupations:
- Sports personalities
- Serving foreign armed services personnel
- UK based embassy employees
- Students under the age of 30.
Should the driver not disclose that they fulfil one of the above occupations, even in a part time capacity, this will render the Agreement as void and the hirer will be fully liable.
- Drivers are personally liable for all legal penalties (e.g. parking tickets, congestion charges, speeding fines) which are incurred during the period of hire.
- Samco Campers is unable to insure any driver with no fixed abode.
(Provided all the personal information supplied is correct)
- The Vehicle is insured for damage to the Vehicle and the property of a third party; but does not include any personal insurance for the customer (including death or bodily injury to the driver) or cover any personal possessions. In this respect you are advised to take out additional personal holiday/travel insurance for the duration of the hire period. The vehicle insurance is arranged by Alan Boswell and supplied by Markerstudy Limited. The hire rate quoted includes a standard excess of GB £1000 per accident or reported incident. In the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third-party property, the hirer will be liable for the first GB £1000 per claim. Only persons named on the Rental Agreement are insured to drive the vehicle. Samco Campers will be responsible should damage to personal possessions or bodily injury occur (including death) as a result of proven gross negligence on Samco Campers part i.e. our actions or failure to act. Samco Campers will not be responsible for any loss which is a side effect of the main loss e.g. loss of profits or opportunity. This is separate from the vehicle insurance provided.
- Please note that no insurance cover (including Collision Damage Waiver) is offered for overhead damage, underside vehicle damage, any damaged deemed as gross negligence, or any internal damages; therefore, the hirer accepts fully liability for these, which is in addition to the standard vehicle excess should that apply.
- Windscreens, wing mirrors and/or tyre damage are not covered by the standard vehicle insurance.
- The theft of a Samco Campers vehicle will not be covered by insurance if the ignition keys are left in, on the vehicle, or in an unsecure place whilst the vehicle is unoccupied and the hirer shall be held fully responsible for a replacement vehicle.
5B) ADDITIONAL INSURANCE CHARGES
- Insurance for an additional driver is charged additionally per day
- Additional insurance charges may apply if the hirer has an occupation that is deemed high risk
- Additional insurance charges may apply if the hirer holds a non-EU driving licence
6) CDW POLICY
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) is charged at £25 per night (Minimum charge term for CDW is 4 nights, up to a maximum of 14 nights) and will reduce the £1000 excess for damage caused due to a Road Traffic Accident (RTA) or collision (i.e. reported accident) to either the vehicle or third party property to £400 (UK travel)
- CDW does not cover:
- Any damage to the vehicle or third-party property caused through a reversing manoeuvre.
- Any damage deemed as gross negligence. Examples of gross negligence include (but are not limited to:
- Overhead Damage – For example: you drive into a low bridge or underground car park
- Underside damage – For example: driving on roads unsuitable for the vehicle
- Damage through smoking in the campervan – smoking is prohibited in all of our vehicles
- Breakages to fixtures and fittings in the campervan
- Putting the wrong fuel in the campervan
- Contaminating the water tank (e.g. putting diesel in the water tank)
- Where the vehicle is driven off road or on an unsurfaced road without due care and attention or where the vehicle is driven recklessly
- The replacement or repair of windows, windscreen, tyres, or wheel
- Damage to the underside of the vehicle.
CDW applies in respect of the first incident and /or claim, not the entire rental duration. Once an accident has occurred CDW cannot be restarted and standard insurance terms will apply. Any incident must be reported to us within 24 hours otherwise CDW cover will not apply. Should the Terms and Conditions not be adhered to, the CDW will be void and the customer will be liable in full for all costs and damages. Please note that the CDW is completely optional and cannot be taken out on hire day.
The Security Deposit will be used to fund any loss or damage to the afore-mentioned list and full liability will apply. Should these damages exceed the Security Deposit held, the customer will be liable for the total cost including demurrage and the difference will need to be settled within seven days of returning the campervan. No insurance cover is offered for any damage deemed as gross negligence, or any internal damages therefore full liability will apply.
7) Vehicle Damage
I am aware that:
- The Vehicle is insured for damage to the Vehicle and the property of a third party; but does not include any personal insurance for the customer or their possessions.
- Neither the Standard Insurance nor Collision Damage Waiver covers overhead damage. The hirer will be responsible for the cost to repair all damages.
- I will have to pay an excess for any Insurance claim regardless of which party is at fault for the accident. The insurance excess is £1000 per claim, not per rental.
- The excess may be reduced, in most circumstances when a Road Traffic Accident (RTA) has taken place, by taking out our Collision Damage Waiver, terms apply; please see section 6. If Collision Damage Waiver was accepted by me, it is set out under the ‘Insurance Declaration’ on the Rental Agreement and an additional premium must have been paid.
- I will not have any insurance cover and I will be responsible for the total cost of any damage if I breach any of the terms of this Agreement.
- I will be responsible for any damage caused through gross negligence and will not be covered by the insurance including Collision Damage Waiver.
8) HIRER RESPONCIBILITIES IN THE EVENT OF AN ACCIDENT OR THE VEHICLE IS STOLEN
In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the vehicle, I will:
- Notify Samco Campers within 24 hours of the happening of the event
- Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station
- Complete an accident claim form as supplied
- Not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer or other like offer
- Assist Samco Campers in handling any claim arising from any event including providing all relevant information and attending court to give evidence.
- I acknowledge that the excess or other amount due by me in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the rental period, regardless of which party is at fault.
- In the event of an accident the hire period will cease, and a replacement vehicle will not be provided. In this instance, the hirer understands that there will be no refund for the remaining hire period as the vehicle will be off the road whilst being repaired.
- No Security Deposit or insurance excess will be refunded until claim is settled.
9) BREAKDOWN & VEHICLE MAINTENANCE
- I shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the vehicle, including checking oil and coolant levels, tyre pressures and batteries.
- You are aware that the vehicle will be supplied with a full tank of diesel and AdBlue and it is my responsibility to replenish these throughout my hire and return these all full otherwise charges will apply. Samco Campers will not be held responsible should I run out of any of these during my hire
- I acknowledge that Samco Campers will reimburse me for expenditure up to £50.00 (GBP) reasonably incurred in rectifying any mechanical failure to the drive train and engine of the vehicle not including the water system, refrigerator, heating and audio equipment, provided that:
- I produce relevant receipts
- I have received the prior consent of Samco Campers
- The damage is not due to my fault or my breach of this Agreement.
- Subject to the terms of this Agreement, I will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing tyres damaged during the Rental Period. Samco Campers will reimburse me for expenditure reasonably incurred if:
- The tyre is defective and is returned by me to Samco Campers for inspection; and
- I produce relevant receipts; and
- The manufacturer accepts liability under his warranty
- Collision Damage Waiver was taken out
- I will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel. All Samco Campers run on DIESEL.
- The hirer must receive authority from Samco Campers before instructing repairs to any of the Samco Campers hire vehicles.
- A booking is only binding after it has been confirmed by Samco Campers and a booking deposit payment of 30% of the total hire cost has been received. Our terms and conditions including cancellation policy apply from this point onwards. Once the booking is confirmed, a confirmation email will be sent out to the client. Settlement of the remaining balance will be due eight weeks prior to departure. Samco Campers reserves the right to cancel the booking if payment is not received eight weeks prior to departure. Payment is accepted by credit card (Visa or MasterCard only), debit cards or bank transfers. We are unable to accept any payment in cash whether in part or full for either the hire charge or the security deposit.
- For late bookings (Less than eight weeks before departure) the full rental price is payable on booking. Vehicles will not be released without full payment being completed. Samco Campers reserves the right to increase the booking deposit for certain events or promotions.
11) SECURITY DEPOSIT
- There is a refundable £1000 Security Deposit payable by credit card or debit card, processed on the collection of the vehicle. The card should be in the lead drivers’ name. Samco Campers reserves the right to increase the Security Deposit in certain circumstances or for specific events, for example, sporting events, festivals, or other events to £1250. Cheque payments and cash payments are not accepted against the Security Deposit.
- On taking delivery of the vehicle, you agree to pay the Security Deposit
- You irrevocably authorise Samco Campers to deduct from the Security Deposit any amounts due by you to Samco Campers arising out of This Agreement
- The Security Deposit will be refunded within 7 working days, once the vehicle has been returned to the Samco Campers depot as per the criteria set out in section 17 – COLLECTION AND RETURN – and as long as there are no outstanding insurance claims.
- Should any damages or costs exceed the Security Deposit the customer will be responsible to settle all additional costs over and above the Security Deposit value within 7 days of being notified of the cost.
Note: Where the hirer has opted for the CDW option and has complied with its terms stated in section 6 – CDW POLICY – the liability excess will be reduced to a maximum of £400 (UK Travel) in the event of a road traffic accident (RTA) or collision.
12) RENTALS AND OTHER CHARGES
You will pay Samco Campers:
- All rental charges
- The security deposit
- Administration fee of £20.00 per amendment of a confirmed booking or per penalty charge notice received
- The nominated valeting fee and / or upholstery cleaning fee if the vehicle is not returned with the interior in a clean condition
- The nominated additional fee of £100.00 if the porta-potti cassette toilet (Section 15 – HIREABLE EXTRAS) and waste-water tank are not emptied prior to the return of the vehicle
- The nominated refilling fee should the diesel tank not be returned completely full:
- ¾ to full = £75.00
- ½ to ¾ full = £90.00
- ¼ to ½ full = £120.00
- empty to ¼ full = £140.00
- Any cooking appliances or equipment found to be uncleansed = £50
- The late fee of £50 per half an hour should the vehicle be returned after the agreed time as stated on the rental agreement
- The nominated cancellation fee as per the cancellation policy in the event of cancellation of This Agreement prior to acceptance or delivery of the vehicle
- The cost of any damage to the vehicle or third party property, subject to the insurance or CDW cover
- The insurance excess should there be damage involving third party property or the theft of the vehicle. This applies in respect of each claim, not hire.
- All government fees and duties etc
- All parking fines, other fines or penalties and associated administration costs incurred in relation to the vehicle during the rental period
- Any other fees or charges payable by you pursuant to This Agreement. This includes any costs incurred by Samco Campers as a result of any breach by you of the terms of This Agreement
- Demurrage: the nightly rental rate for the period the vehicle is off fleet; e.g. for accident repairs
- Any additional costs over and above the Security Deposit value should damages exceed the Security Deposit value
- The cost to recover a Vehicle
- In the case of gross negligence Samco Campers reserves the right to recover full costs in order to return the campervan to the state in which it was handed over
13) ERRORS IN RENTAL CHARGES
- Total charges as set out therein are not final. You agree to pay any shortfall in charges to Samco Campers and you will receive a refund for any overcharge acknowledged by Samco Campers
14) FINES, TOLLS & CONGESTION CHARGES
- Driver(s) are personally liable for all legal penalties and fees pertaining to any traffic violation infringements. Driver(s) are personally liable for any parking fines, private parking fines, tolls and congestion charges they incur during the hire period and therefore allow Samco Campers to debit any credit / debit card details provided at the time of hire and charges arising out of any such event. Samco Campers will contact the customer after the rental agreement finishes if any traffic violation infringements are present to Samco Campers for your hire period. The driver(s) will be liable for any penalties and fees pertaining to any traffic violations that have been incurred during the hire period. Samco Campers will notify the driver(s) of any speeding or parking fines and an administration charge of £20 for each infringement incurred throughout the hire period – Refer to section 12: RENTALS AND OTHER CHARGES
15) HIREABLE EXTRAS
- Bedding pack: £20 per set, per rental (Double quilt & cover, double sheet, 2 pillows & pillowcases)
- Towel Pack: £10 per set, per rental (1 x bath towel, 1 x hand towel 1 x flannel)
- Toilet facility pack: £35 per rental (Porta Potti & toilet tent)
- Pet adventure pack: £10 per rental (Includes dog bowl, poop bags, ground stake, tie out cable, doggy seatbelt)
- Bike Rack: £50 per rental (Up to 4 x bikes, maximum 60kg)
All extras are subject to availability
15A) INSURANCE EXTRAS
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW): £25 per night (Terms apply. Please see section 6 – CDW POLICY – for further details)
- Additional drivers (max 2): £10 per night, per additional driver, with clean driving licences
16) COLLECTION & RETURN
- Please allow 1 hour for the handover at the collection point to complete the documentation and demonstrate your vehicle to you. All drivers need to be present on collection of the campervan and bring their full valid licence and passport (passport required for international customers only and drivers without a photocard driving licence) and credit or debit card for the Security Deposit. Please see section 11 – SECURITY DEPOSIT – for further details. Drivers must also provide two forms of proof of address dated within the last 90 days (Utility bill / bank statement). For UK drivers only, we will also need to run a DVLA check on your driving licence, for which you will need your National Insurance Number. Pick up times are between: 14:00 and 16:00 (Monday to Sunday).
Please note: Samco Campers will make every effort to have your campervan ready for the collection time you have selected however, Samco Campers cannot guarantee that your vehicle will be ready for this time. Should this be the case no refunds will be due to you, there will be no extension of your hire, and the campervan will still be required to be returned in accordance with the details set out below.
- The vehicle must be returned on the correct date, and before the time stated on the rental agreement – please allow up to 30 minutes for the return handover at the point of initial collection / delivery. Vehicles must be returned undamaged, with a full tank of diesel, empty waste water and Porta-Potti cassette toilet (If hired as an additional extra) and the interior clean and in the same condition as when the campervan was collected, otherwise a charge will be made for additional valeting and or upholstery cleaning. In addition, a separate toilet cleaning fee will apply if the Porta-Potti cassette is not empty on return. Please see section 12 – RENTAL AND OTHER CHARGES – for further details. Please note that there are no toilet emptying facilities at our return points so this must be emptied prior to return. Return times are between 9:00 and 11:00 (Monday to Sunday).
- Late return: If you will be late returning, Samco Campers must be advised immediately. Failure to advise may result in prosecution for driving whilst uninsured. An additional charge of £50 per 30mins will be payable for all late returns.
- Lost property: It is the hirers responsibility to make sure that upon return of the campervan, all their personal possessions & rubbish are removed from the vehicle. The vehicle may be going back out again on hire that same day; therefore, Samco Campers cannot be held responsible should an item be left on board. Samco Campers will do our upmost to contact the hirer if items are handed in, these items will only be stored for 2 weeks before disposal/charity.
17) VEHICLE HANDOVER
- Samco Campers will carry out a full Pre-Checkout Inspection (PCI) on every campervan before the commencement of a hire. The PCI involves testing every system on board the campervan to ensure they are operating correctly. In conjunction with this, the hirer will be taken on a tour of the campervan and shown how each system works. Should an onboard system fail during your hire, Samco Campers will make every effort to remedy the fault whilst you are away but in some circumstances this may not be possible and Samco Campers cannot be held responsible and will not refund any monies should a loss of service be encountered nor have any obligation to provide a replacement vehicle. Samco Campers cannot be held responsible for any consequential events, losses or costs arising out of the failure of any items/system on board the campervan. In the case of winter hire, Samco Campers cannot and will not be held responsible in the event of any damage or inconveniences caused by freezing conditions. This is the responsibility of the hirer.
18) USE OF THE VEHICLE
You agree that during the Rental Period, you will not and will not allow the Vehicle to be:
- Driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent, and normal manner
- Used in a manner which could cause damage
- Driven in a prohibited area or in an area other than the areas indicated by you to Samco Campers
- Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law
- Left open and unlocked whilst the vehicle is unoccupied
- Left with the ignition key in the vehicle while it is unoccupied
- Left unoccupied without the steering wheel security lock applied and all valuables covered inside the vehicle
- Driven by persons
- Under the age of 25 years
- Over the age of 72 unless this has been previously agreed by special request with Samco Campers and their insurer
- Who is not authorised by law to drive the vehicle. Particulars of a proposed licensed driver of the vehicle are set out under the heading ‘Hire’s name/ contact’ on the Rental Agreement
- Damaged by:
- Submersion in water
- Contact with Salt Water
- Used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally, or contest
- Used to tow any vehicle or trailer
- Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward
- Used to carry more persons than is permitted by any relevant authority or detailed in the vehicle manual or on the vehicle or specified in This Agreement
- Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material
- Otherwise used in breach of my obligations under This Agreement
18A) OVERSEAS TRAVEL
- Overseas travel in all our rental vehicles is not permitted. During the rental period, the vehicle must not be taken outside of mainland England, Wales, or Scotland. If the vehicle is found to be travelling overseas, the rental contract will be immediately terminated, and the vehicle will be recovered at the hirers expense.
All Samco Campers are non-smoking vehicles which includes the use of vapes & e-cigarettes. Samco Campers reserves the right to impose additional valeting and or upholstery cleaning fees and charge demurrage should smoke be detected in the motorhome.
- I will not allow any animals to be carried in the vehicle, unless otherwise agreed with Samco Campers and the below guidelines adhered to. You may be permitted to take a maximum of 2 medium sized, well-behaved dogs in the campervan providing this has been agreed in writing at the time of booking by Samco Campers. You must always, also comply with the following rules during the hire period:
- Do not allow your dog on any soft furnishings in the campervan.
- Do not leave your dog unattended /alone at any time in the Campervan
- Do not use any of the campervan crockery for your dog. Samco Campers can provide a Pet Adventure Pack at an additional charge – see HIREABLE EXTRAS – section 15.
- We do not allow dog cages of any description into our campervans as damage/scratches to woodwork can be expensive to repair.
- Ensure your dog is secured during transit.
- Keep your dog on a lead when in campsites and abide by campsite rules. If your dog fouls an area, please be considerate and scoop it up.
- The vehicle is returned in a clean and tidy condition as if a pet was never present. Should this not be the case, or any pet hairs are found, cleaning charges and upholstery cleaning charges will apply – see section 12: RENTALS & OTHER CHARGES – for further details.
- You agree to cover the cost of all damage caused by a pet, even if it exceeds the Security Deposit – see section 12: RENTALS & OTHER CHARGES – for further details.
- Samco Campers authorises the use of these vehicles up to the stated number of passengers. Each person is required by law, to use the safety restraints provided at all times whilst the vehicle is in motion. All of our campervans are fitted with three-point seatbelts. Our Volkswagen California range can carry up to 4 people, including the driver. Carrying more than the specified number of passengers is against the law and in breach of This Agreement. Child seats are the responsibility of the hirer to fit themselves. Children up to 12 years of age or 135cm in height, whichever they reach first, must use the correct child restraints appropriate for their weight under UK law. Samco Campers take no responsibility for any child restraints that have not been fitted correctly.
19) ROAD RESTRICTIONS
- All vehicles may only be driven on sealed/bitumen roads.
- I acknowledge that Samco Campers reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause.
20) VEHICLE ALTERATIONS
- I shall not make any alterations or additions to the vehicle without the prior written consent of Samco Campers
21) VEHICLE OWNERSHIP
- I acknowledge that Samco Campers retains title to the vehicle and its contents and that I possess the goods as a mere bailee only. I do not have any right to pledge Samco Campers credit in connection with the vehicle and agree not to do so. I shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, assign, sublet, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire, or otherwise part with or attempt to part with the personal possession of or otherwise deal with the vehicle.
22) CANCELLATION AND CANCELLATION CHARGES
22A) CANCELLATION BY SAMCO CAMPERS
- Samco Campers makes every effort to have your vehicle ready for collection at the time requested. However, during busy periods, there may be delays which are out of Samco Campers control. Should this be the case, no refunds will be issued, and no extensions will be made. The vehicle will be required to be returned at the time and dates recorded, in accordance with the details on the Rental Agreement. Samco Campers reserves the rights the cancel a reservation before or at the proposed commencement of hire as follows:
- If named driving licence is not produced or valid in accordance with stated conditions
- Hirer fails to provide funds for the security deposit payment by credit card or debit card at the point of collection – refer to section 11: SECURITY DEPOSIT
- The address on the hirers driving licence does not match the two proofs of address provided. Additional identification would be required – section 4B: DRIVING LICENCE & IDENTIFICATION
- Due to operational issues affecting the rental fleet
- Hirer is in breach of any terms in this agreement
- The hirer has obtained the vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation
- If any statement, representation, or warranty made by the hirer in respect to themselves or additional drivers in incorrect
- The vehicle appears to be abandoned
- The vehicle is not returned at the agreed date or Samco Campers reasonably believes the vehicle will not be returned on the agreed date
- Samco Campers considers on reasonable ground that the safety of the passengers or the vehicle is in danger. The hirer understands that in the event of such termination or repossession, that the hirer has no right to a refund or any part of the rental charges or the security deposit.
- Samco Campers liability is limited to the refunds of all monies paid by the hirer. No compensation is available for additional arrangements booked by the hirer, for example, flights, concert tickets.
- Samco Campers reserves the right to amend our cancellation policy for certain events.
- A ‘No Show’ is deemed as the Customer not presenting themselves on the first day of the Rental Period to collect their motorhome and not communicating to Samco Campers prior to this date that they will be collecting the vehicle on an alternative date/time within the booked rental period. Should the hire be deemed a ‘No Show’ the booking will be automatically cancelled at close of business that day and the vehicle will be released for re-hire by another party. No refunds whatsoever will be due.
- Samco Campers reserves the right to refuse to hire to any person, without stating cause.
22B) CANCELLATION BY THE HIRER
The following charges apply:
- More than 8 weeks before: booking deposit only
- 8 weeks – 2 weeks: 50% of total hire charge
- 2 weeks – No Show: 100% of total hire charge
- Samco Campers cannot postpone hire, however, may transfer money from one hire to another. This will be reviewed case by case, but Samco Campers reserve the right to decline the request.
22C) Covid 19 Cancellation Policy
- Valid for all existing bookings and new bookings made in 2021: A full, no quibble, 100% refund on your booking or postponement without penalty if the UK government imposes restrictions that cause the following:
- Closure of the Samco Campers depot on the date when your collection is scheduled.
- The introduction of non-essential travel restrictions over the dates you are due to travel.
- If you or a member of your household develop Covid-19 symptoms, we have the following policy in place:
- Free booking amendments (subject to any increase in new booking value and availability) in the event you wish to postpone, bring forward or change the date of your trip.
- A voucher to the value of your rental in the event you wish to postpone your trip but do not know new travel dates. The voucher is valid for travel for 12 months from the initial dates you booked to travel.
23) CHANGE OF VEHICLE
- Samco Campers reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to substitute a comparable or superior vehicle for the vehicle ordered. In that event, the hirer shall not be liable for any increased rental or other charges pertaining to the substitute vehicle. Such substitution shall not entitle me to any refund and does not constitute a breach of this Agreement.
24) EVENTS BEYOND OUR CONTROL
- Unfortunately, events beyond our control may occasionally affect bookings. When reference is made to such events, this means any events or circumstances which the campervan operator could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. When an event beyond our control occurs we cannot accept any responsibility or pay any compensation, costs or expenses where the performance of your agreement with us is prevented or affected or you otherwise suffer any loss or damage as a result. This includes late campervan returns creating delays and potential cancelations which we do our upmost to avoid at all costs. This also includes any delays to and /or restrictions to your hire. During hot weather fridges in our campervans do not always perform as expected which is beyond our control. We will not accept any responsibility for any loss of food or beverages and no compensation will be issued.
25) SUITABLE PERSONS
- Samco Campers have the right to refuse to hand over a vehicle to any person who, in our reasonable opinion, is not suitable to take charge. In such cases, no refund of the hire charge or security deposit will be made by Samco Camper, who will have no further liability.
26) FUEL & GAS LEVELS
- The vehicle is supplied with a full tank of fuel and should be returned in the same manner. If the fuel tank is not showing as full on its return, then it will be refuelled in accordance to the nominated refilling fee stated in section 12: RENTALS AND OTHER CHARGES.
- One gas cylinder is supplied with each campervan. The cylinder may not be completely full, having only what is left over from the previous hire. In the unlikely event that you run out; we will reimburse you for the cost of one additional refill of gas on production of a dated receipt of purchase.
27) CAMPSITE BOOKINGS
It is the responsibility of the hirer to book and confirm all caravan and campsites they intend to stay at during the holiday. Samco Campers take no responsibility for any bookings or cancellations at caravan and campsites.
28) CAR PARKING FACILITIES
- Samco Campers does allow customers to leave their vehicles at their own risk onsite for the duration of their campervan hire as long as:
- They do so at their own risk; Samco Campers cannot and will not be held liable for any damage caused to their vehicle whilst on site
- The customer locks and secures their vehicle and removes any personal items on show
- The customer retains custody of their vehicle’s keys
29) RELEASE & INDEMNITY OF SAMCO CAMPERS
- Subject to its obligation to deliver the vehicle or an appropriate substitute vehicle, you release Samco Campers, its employees and agents, from any liability to you (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by you by reason of This Agreement, including but not limited to:
- Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident, or the vehicle being unsuitable for my purpose
- Any loss or damage to any property left in or on the vehicle, in any service vehicle or on any Samco Campers premises or recovered or handled by Samco Campers
- Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with Samco Campers, you hereby indemnify and shall keep indemnified Samco Campers, its employees and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them or any of them by reason of my use and/or possession of the vehicle
30) CREDIT AND DEBIT CARD PAYMENTS
- Credit and Debit Card Payment Visa and MasterCard credit cards only. Please note that a 2.5% charge may be levied to cover banking fees when a credit card is used to make payment.
- Samco Campers will accept payment by credit cards approved Samco Campers
- When payment is paid by credit or debit card, I agree that;
- Samco Campers is irrevocably authorised to complete any documentation and to take any other action to recover from my credit or debit card issuer all amounts due by me pursuant to this Agreement, including but not limited to those outlined in section 12 – RENTALS AND OTHER CHARGES
- I will not dispute my liability to Samco Campers for any amount due under this Agreement and I shall indemnify and keep indemnified Samco Campers against any loss incurred (including legal costs) by reason of notifying my credit or debit card issuer of such dispute.
- Samco Campers may process the credit or debit card voucher; in the event that Samco Campers elects to accept payment of the Security Deposit by holding an open security payment, which will be cancelled within 7 days after the completion of the Rental Period, as per section 11 – SECURITY DEPOSIT. I agree that Samco Campers is entitled to recover payment from my credit or debit card, in respect of any amounts due which were not known at the time of cancelling the open security payment.
- I acknowledge that all transactions under this agreement are conducted in Pounds Sterling. Due to exchange rate fluctuations, there could be some variance between the amount initially debited against my credit or debit card and the amount refunded within 7 days after the expiration of the rental period. I release Samco Campers from any liability for such variation.
31) PAYMENT OF CHARGES, JOINT & SEVERAL LIABILITY
- All charges and expenses payable by you under This Agreement are due on demand by Samco Campers. If you do not pay all charges on time, you agree to pay interest at 1.5% per month above the base rate as published by HSBC on the outstanding balance and any additional costs incurred by Samco Campers, including reasonable legal fees to recover the outstanding money owed. When the Customer comprises of more than one person, each person is liable jointly and severally for all obligations of the Customer pursuant to This Agreement.
32) GDPR & DATA PROTECTION
- The information that you have provided to Samco Campers will be used to fulfil this contract placed with us. We will not pass this information onto any other organisation outside this company other than to the DVLA, and our insurer.
33) GOVERNING LAW
- This agreement is subject to the laws of Great Britain. Any disputes not resolved by mutual agreement may only be settled in the courts of this jurisdiction.
34) FORCE MAJEURE
- We will make every effort to ensure that the reserved campervan is available for you at the correct time. If, due to circumstances beyond our control, this is not possible and if an alternative or acceptable campervan is not available our liability is limited to the refunds of all monies paid by you.
- Any changes to this Agreement must be in writing and must be signed on behalf of Samco Campers and by me.
36) MY WARRANTIES
- You warrant that all information supplied by you to Samco Campers in connection with This Agreement is true.
37) ENTIRE AGREEMENT
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of This Agreement. Samco Campers reserves the right to add or amend the vehicle specifications and rental charges without prior notice. This Agreement does not affect your statuary rights under civil law.
Last updated: 1st March 2021)